Wow, it has been a REALLY long time since I’ve written. I’m having a bout of insomnia right now, all is quiet as the kids are in still fast asleep and the hubby is at work – so what better time to write! I just wanted to take some time to reflect on my natural treatment of my endometriosis – what worked, what didn’t. As you recall, I had a very extensive list of herbs and vitamins I started taking. It was a little overwhelming at first, but within a week or so, I fell into a routine. Here is a recap of the vitamins and herbs:
Vit B6 – 100mg a day
Vit E – 800 IU a day
Co Q-10 – 100 mg at bedtime
Cranberry Extract with Vit C – 4 soft gels a day
Folic Acid – 400 mcg a day
L-Carnitine – 1,000 mg a day
Oscal Ultra as directed for 1,200mg calcium a day
Magnesium – 500mg a day
Selenium – 400 mcg a day
Flaxseed Oil as directed
Milk Thistle – as directed
Saw Palmetto – 360 mg per day
More Traditional Medicinals Every Day Detox Tea (x2/day)
Christopher’s Chaste Tree Berries (Vitex) 400mg (as directed)
Wise Essential Wild Yam and Progesterone Cream
Nature’s Way Don Quai Root (as directed)
Ashwagandha Complex 578 mg (as directed)
Nature’s Herbs Cats Claw (as directed)
YS Eco Bee Farms Triple Bee Complex Royal Jelly Bee Pollen Propolis (as directed)
Tumeric Extract 800 mg (as directed)
On top of that, I changed my diet up a little: cut out coffee (which only lasted a few months though – did lower my consumption though from 4 cups to 2 cups a day); cut out conventionally raised beef; drank 1 tbsp of diatomaceous earth (DE) a night; and 1 serving of Garden of Life’s Perfect Food – Super Green Formula in the afternoon.
WHAT HASN’T WORK:
– Giving up coffee completely (as stated above, LOL!)
– Ashwagandha Complex 578 mg – I noticed I started having heart palpations throughout the day and night. I had a feeling it was the Ashwagandha, though I couldn’t find anything online listing heart palpations as a side effect. Low and behold, a few days after stopping the Ashwagandha, the heart palpations stopped.
– Wise Essential Wild Yam and Progesterone Cream – This cream actually made my cramps worse! I started out using as directed and within a week, I started getting terrible cramps. I lowered it to 1/4 tsp twice a day with no relief. It took about 2 weeks for the cramps to go away after I stopped using it. I’m not sure what the deal was, but it didn’t help me one bit.
– Raspberry Ketones – Broke my own cardinal rule here and didn’t do the research before taking them. My husband had heard about and bought a bottle of raspberry ketones diet supplement for weight loss and wanted me to try it with him. I was on the fence about it for some time before starting taking them as I’m not really big on diet pills. Within about 2 weeks of using them as directed, I noticed that I started getting cramps that grew progressively worse. Well, come to find out, raspberry ketones “might increase the effects of the hormone estrogen. Women who suffer from hormonal conditions linked to estrogen production should seek medical advice before usingraspberry dietary supplements. These disorders include endometriosis, breast or ovarian cancer, and uterine fibroids.”  So, if you have any of these conditions, stay away from raspberry ketones!!!! Even after a month, the cramps didn’t go away completely, and my periods which had been previously been right on time for about 3 months were off. I decided to give the Evening Primrose Oil a try as directed and it started relieving the cramps within about a week.
– Cutting down the dosage of Chaste Tree Berries (Vitex) – As directed on my bottle of Chaste Tree Berries, it states to “take 1 capsule 2 times a day for 8 weeks. Thereafter take 1 capsule daily. Vitex works slowly so for optimum results it is best if used long term.” Within a few weeks of cutting down to 1 capsule daily, I noticed the cramps starting to come back, so I began taking it twice a day and the cramps went away.
So, there you have it till next time!